Chalice: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin calic-, calix
1. a drinking cup, goblet, eucharistic cup
2. the cup-shaped interior of a flower
3. a poetic euphemism for the sacred feminine
4. a type of coral, usually formed in the shape of a cup
5. an ornamental serving vessel
. . .an extraordinary word that inspired this art journal piece today.
Check out the right hand column! I have just added a button for viewing the archives of all my past issues of monthly art newsletters, going back to August 2009. Enjoy when you have the time!